Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Day Four Inside the Cone

Ha! It worked! I got lots of suggestions from furiends to give the "Glummy face" and see if that got me out of the cone.



After that, it was just a matter of time until it come off.


A few licks of the hand that helps you never hurt.

I still have to put it on when I'm in the cage and when I'm sleeping, but Mom and Dad have relented and let me walk around with it on while they're home. Dad gave me some BS about not licking myself and getting infection, blah blah blah... I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention.

My NOMS furiends Samantha and Mr. Tigger got their Christmas in July package from me, and are finally able to post after sitting through some really nasty storm named Fay. I felt bad, because after some research on the feline species, I discovered that they don't like water (I sympathize). Apparently there was a lot of it down there.

I'm back to my usual self, chillin' at home, chewing on stuff I'm not supposed to:




So, when caught, I just tried that "Glummy face" tactic:


Nice tip there, guys! That one works like magic-- I got to keep the blue stick. Of course, I don't get a lot of positive modeling at home:


Mom was actually pretty happy this happened. She's been getting on Dad for a while now, saying the fact that he uses a loofa is just a bit too fluffy. Dad usually then gives her a big speech about societal expectations and reverse sexism and contradictory messages... that's when I REALLY tune out. Anyway, Mom's happy Snoufer did her a favor and killed the blue fluff-beast so she didn't have to go passive-agressive and help it "turn up missing."

I'm feeling great-- thanks for all the well-wishes! I'm taking a trip with everyone down to Illinois this weekend to visit family and help Dad out with something he calls a Fantasy Football draft. Mostly, my job is to distract the competition with my cuteness. I think I'm up to the task. We'll see if I'm up to handling something Snoufer calls "humidity." He's been to Michigan and Illinois before, and he says it's not fun. Maybe I can try the Glummy face on it...

6 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Hmmm -

Interesting toy choices!

Glad you are using THAT face to your benefit!!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: Tank woo fur the wishes!

Unknown said...

Hmmmm - those toys look suspiciously familiar, chaps! Have fun on your road trip - take lots of car pictures.

The Devil Dog said...

We think the glummy face worked particularly well. Keep it up.

Roxy

The WriggleButts said...

Tee hee hee.. You did very well!

Bajas

Anonymous said...

The Glummy face does work very well. Yes it is a shame.. my husbands loofah gloves *shudder* went missing during our move... :)

I am glad you are feeling very much better now!

Nevis said...

LOVE the photos. Particularly the ones where he's chewing on the hanger..! Ha!